This tool provides one report per Halo group showing where the machines are the same, and where they differ. ("One of these things is not like the other")
- One report per group, and one more combined report for every machine
- Installed packages which may need attention
- CVE items that may affect your system
- Hosting company
- All SCA (Configuration) checks with issues
- Each of the above is summarized, so you get a count of how many machines have the same status; click on the number and you're given their hostnames as well.
- Issues prioritized, both by whether all servers match or not, but also by bad+critical, bad, indeterminate, and good.
- Only needs a read-only API key
Version 2 of this application changes very little inside the application itself, but ships it with a Dockerfile that will allow you to run it more easily, without suffering through dependency resolution. The original documentation is included as README-ORIGINAL.md, and contains more information about the application components themselves.
Running the app
Running the application as described will result in a directory you specify ($REPORT_DIR) being populates with HTML reports, one per group.
Set these environment variables:
|HALO_API_KEY||Halo API ID|
|HALO_API_SECRET||Halo API Secret|
|REPORT_DIR||Destination directory for reports|
Build the container
docker build -t one-of-these-things .
Running the application
docker run -it --rm \ -v $REPORT_DIR:/reports \ -e HALO_API_KEY=$HALO_API_KEY \ -e HALO_API_SECRET=$HALO_API_SECRET \ one-of-these-things