Colloquy (http://colloquy.info) is a very nice IRC client for Mac OS X. It does, however, need some serious help in the area of useful chat styles.
Four reasons to love “Succinct” for Colloquy
- Simple clean design.
- Emphasizes what you need.
- De-emphasizes what you don’t.
- Customize what you hate.
Copy the Succinct.colloquyStyle file to this folder in your home folder: Library -> Application Support -> Colloquy -> Styles
Start or re-start Colloquy. (Typing "/reload style" in a Colloquy chat window may work, but is buggy.)
Select the “Succinct” option from the Style drop-down.
Choose the “Appearance Preferences…” to set Succinct as your default Colloquy chat style or to customize the colors via its “Customize Style…” button.
- Claudio Perez Gamayo http://80kv.com: Created first-draft design based on 37 Signal's Campfire web application.
- Joel Watson https://github.com/watsonian
- Gianni Chiappetta http://gf3.ca: Used parts of the XSL from his fork at https://github.com/gf3/bonfire-theme-for-colloquy
Additional bugfixes, usability improvements, and design comments are welcome! Just use GitHub to fork and make pull requests.