Code Corps is an open source platform for building and funding public software with massive social impact.
- Connect people - Match developers and designers, project managers and marketers – any and every talent – to ambitious projects that need their help.
- Provide support - Educate and train, develop and encourage people who build public software. Help projects be successful and people to do their best work.
- Fund projects - Crowdfund ongoing work and keep funders engaged in projects and connected to the teams they're supporting.
- Develop new tools - Help people collaborate on, organize, and even distribute their work. Listen closely to hear what needs built, and then build it.
How can I help?
We'd love to have you contribute to Code Corps directly!
- First, read the guidelines in our
- Then look at our current projects to find something that interests you.
Have questions? Need help? You can also always come
To learn more about getting started with the codebase, follow this guide.
Have everything installed and ready to work? Read our usage guides to learn how to:
- How do I interact with the app?
- How do I stop and start the server?
- How do I run tests?
- How do I rebuild Ember?
- How do I generate and serve documentation?
We have several types of docs:
- Project documentation (README, CONTRIBUTING, etc.)
- Inline documentation for the Ember app generated by YUIdoc
Things we care about
Our values for this project reflect the Code Corps values as a whole, though with some minor differences.
We care about:
- Each other
- Social impact
- Good documentation
- Welcoming and teaching new contributors
- Writing small, clear, and achievable issues
We also track quantifiable metrics like inline documentation coverage, testing coverage, and so on. You can see some of these metrics in the icons at the top of this page.