Web Knocker Firewall Service
A web-based service written in pure PHP for Linux servers that opens protected TCP and UDP ports in response to encrypted requests from a correctly configured client for a limited but renewable time period.
- IPv4 and IPv6 support.
- Dynamic iptables chains and rules.
- Can run multiple instances of the server on a single host.
- Can run multiple instances of the client on a single host.
- Optionally sends notification e-mail(s) whenever a client successfully opens a port on the server.
- Server controlled ports and timeouts limit what a client can do.
- Two-way communication. Clients don't just send an encrypted data packet and hope that it worked.
- And much, much more. See the official documentation for a more complete feature list.
- Also has a liberal open source license. MIT or LGPL, your choice.
- Designed for relatively painless integration into your envrionment.
- Sits on GitHub for all of that pull request and issue tracker goodness to easily submit changes and ideas respectively.
Documentation, examples, and official downloads of this project sit on the Barebones CMS website: