Network Status Page - 0.2.1
Designed to monitor a local server and network with forecast.io, Plex, and pfSense integration.
Responsive web design viewable on desktop, tablet and mobile web browsers
Designed using Bootstrap 3
Uses jQuery to provide near real time feedback
Optimized for Apple devices
Tested on OS X 10.9/10.10 and iOS 7/8
Displays the following:
- currently playing items from Plex Media Server
- current network bandwidth from pfSense
- current ping to ip of your choosing, e.g. Google DNS
- online / offline status for custom services
- minute by minute weather forecast from forecast.io
- server load
- total disk space for all hard drives
Now Playing section adjusts scrollable height on the fly depending on browser window height
- Plex Media Server (v0.9.8+) and a myPlex account
These are both free.
- The weather sidebar requires a forecast.io API key
Free up to 1000 calls/day.
- Web server that supports php (apache, nginx, XAMPP, WampServer, EasyPHP, lighttpd, etc)
- PHP 5.4
Note: While this project is written with OS X in mind, it can very easily be adapted to run on linux or windows by rewriting the functions that don't work on those platforms.