This application shows how to receive barcode scans via an Intent through the DataWedge service on Zebra mobile computing devices with a Xamarin application. Compare this with the Previous example which showed how this is done with an Android app.
Preparation: Configure DataWedge
You need to configure DataWedge on your device to output scans via Intent
- Launch DataWedge via Applications --> DataWedge
- Select 'Profile0 (default)'. Note that this is the default Profile DataWedge uses, if you have configured a profile specifically for this app then select that instead.
- The Profile is Enabled
- Barcode input is Enabled
- Intent output is Enabled
- Configure the Intent output as follows:
- Intent action: com.dwexample.ACTION (This matches the value defined at https://github.com/darryncampbell/DataWedge-Intent-Example-3/blob/master/DatawedgeIntentExample3/Resources/values/Strings.xml)
- Intent category: leave blank
- Intent delivery: Broadcast intent
- The following image shows the Intent output configuration
Launch the application
Scan a barcode. The read barcode should be shown on the UI