Clone this wiki locally
GLI provides many features to make a command-suite style application very easy.
- Declarative DSL for parsing global options, identifying the command, command-specific options, and arguments. See Interface for what the UI of your application will be.
- Multi-level command support (e.g.
git remote add), see Subcommands
- Automatic help command that describes your application's commands, but also describes the options to each command. All this is formatted nicely and you don't have to do a thing (see Home for an example)
- Automatic management of an "rc-style" YAML-based configuration file. See Config for how to use it.
- Assistance with shell completion of your application's commands. See ShellCompletion
- Works on most Rubies. See Platforms.
- Pre and Post hooks, as well as custom error handling. See Hooks.