CakePHP Tools Plugin
A CakePHP plugin containing several useful tools that can be used in many projects.
This branch is for CakePHP 3.7+. See version map for details.
What is this plugin for?
Enhancing the core
- Auto-trim on POST (to make - especially notEmpty/notBlank - validation working properly).
- Disable cache also works for older IE versions.
- Provide enum support as "static enums"
- Default settings for Paginator, ... can be set using Configure.
- Provided a less error-prone inArray() method via Utility class and other usefulness.
- TestSuite enhancements
- A few more Database Type classes
- Passwordable behavior allows easy to use password functionality for frontend and backend.
- MultiColumnAuthenticate for log-in with e.g. "email or username".
- Slugged, Reset and other behaviors
- Tree helper for working with (complex) trees and their output.
- Progress and Meter helper for progress bar and meter bar elements (HTML5 and textual).
- Text, Time, Number libs and helpers etc provide extended functionality if desired.
- QrCode, Gravatar and other useful small helpers
- Timeline, Typography, etc provide additional helper functionality.
- Email as a wrapper for core's Email adding some more usefulness and making debugging/testing easier.
- I18n language detection and switching
Providing 2.x shims
This plugin for CakePHP 3 also contains some 2.x shims to ease migration of existing applications from 2.x to 3.x:
- See Shim plugin for details on most of the provided shims.
Installation & Docs
- Move more 2.x stuff to 3.x