CakePHP Tools Plugin
A CakePHP 3.x Plugin containing several useful tools that can be used in many projects.
This cake3 branch only works for CakePHP3.x - please use the master branch for CakePHP 2.x! It is still dev (no stable release yet), please be careful with using it.
Planned Release Cycle:
Dev (currently), Alpha, Beta, RC, 1.0 stable (incl. tagged release then).
What is this plugin for?
Enhancing the core
- Auto-trim on POST (to make - not only notEmpty - validation working properly).
- Disable cache also works for older IE versions.
- With $this->Flash->message() you can have colorful (success, warning, error, ...) flash messages. They also can stack up (multiple messages per type) which the core currently doesn't support.
- Provide enum support as "static enums"
- Default settings for Paginator, ... can be set using Configure.
- Provided a less error-prone inArray() method when using Utility class.
- The Passwordable behavior allows easy to use password functionality for frontend and backend.
- Tree helper for working with (complex) trees and their output.
- Ajax Views for better responses (Ajax also comes with an optional component).
- Slugged and Reset behavior
- The Text, Time, Number libs and helpers etc provide extended functionality if desired.
- AuthUser, Timeline, Typography, etc provide additional helper functionality.
- Email as a wrapper for core's Email adding some more usefulness and making debugging/testing easier.
Providing 2.x shims
This plugin for the Cake 3 version also contains some 2.x shims to ease migration of existing applications from 2.x to 3.x:
- find('first') and find('count')
- Model::$validate, Model::$primaryKey, Model::$displayField and Model relations as properties
- Set/Multibyte class, Session component and a cut down version of JsHelper
Installation & Docs
- Move more 2.x stuff to 3.x