Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
How to setup your eclipse development environment
How to setup your eclipse development environment under windows or linux.
AVR GNU Tool Chain
Install WinAVR (http://winavr.sourceforge.net/) into the default location.
Windows 8.1 (32 / 64bit) needs a fixed dll (just copy into the utils\bin directory of your WinAVR directory): http://www.madwizard.org/download/electronics/msys-1.0-vista64.zip
- for Gentoo see http://www.arduino.cc/playground/Linux/Gentoo
- for Debian GNU Linux see http://www.arduino.cc/playground/Linux/Debian
install eclipse from http://www.eclipse.org/
install eclipse plugins (help->install new software):
checkout the projects from git: File -> Import -> git -> Projects from git
build the sourcecode
- set the build configurations for both projects to Release: right click on the 2 projects -> Build Configurations -> Set Active -> Release
- build first the multidisplay-lib: right click on the project -> build project
- build the main multidisplay project: right click on the project -> build project
- customize the multidisplay sourcecode the your car environment: see #defines in MultidisplayDefines.h
- after changing something in MultdisplayDefines.h you must rebuild the project!
- to update your local project: right click on the project -> tream -> update to HEAD
flash the binary out of eclipse (avrdude)
It's advisable to use the avrdude which comes with the arduino IDE (http://arduino.cc/).
- custom avrdude path in preferences->avr->paths: select the avrdude path from the arduino ide
- custom avrdude configuration file in preferences->avr->avrdude: select the avrdude.conf file from the arduino ide
- restart eclipse
the programmer configuration is stored in the global eclipse settings and must be created by hand.
- go to multidisplay project properties
- avr -> avrdude -> new programmer configuration
- Arduino Duemilanove:
- programmer hardware: Atmel STK500 Version 1.x firmware
- baudrate 57600
- Seeedunio Mega 1260:
- programmer hardware: Atmel STK500 Version 2.x firmware
- baudrate 57600
- Seeedunio Mega 2560:
- programmer hardware: wiring (only arduino ide avrdude has this programmer hardware)
- baudrate 115200
- set serial port. under linux, its typically /dev/ttyUSB0