Device42 is a Continuous Discovery software for your IT Infrastructure. It helps you automatically maintain an up-to-date inventory of your physical, virtual, and cloud servers and containers, network components, software/services/applications, and their inter-relationships and inter-dependencies.
This repository contains script that helps you sync data between servicenow and Device42 back and forth.
* This script works with Device42 10.5.0.1473709546 and above
* python 2.7.x * requests (you can install it with pip install requests or apt-get install python-requests)
* Copy mapping.xml.sample to mapping.xml, then put credentials and fields that you want to sync as in sample * (!IMPORTANT) For each ServiceNow table that in mapping.xml you should add 'u_device42_id' custom field in your servicenow instance * (!IMPORTANT) If you want to see "Impact Chart" link in ServiceNow, you should add 'u_device42_impact_link' custom field in your servicenow instance * Run the script! (`python sync.py`)
* Script runs on Linux and Windows
* mapping.xml - file from where we get fields relations between D42 and ServiceNow * lib.py - file with integration description, we describe how fields should be migrated * sync.py - initialization and processing file, where we prepare API calls
We will support any issues you run into with the script and help answer any questions you have. Please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org