Render Cube Map
Addon to automatically render cube maps from Blender
How to Use
- Install and enable the Addon
- Turn the Cube Map option in the
Cube Maptab in the
- Render your frame or animation, as you would normally
Each face of the cube map is saved separately in your output folder.
If you need to save the cubemap setup within the .blend file you can use this option. This is useful to send the file for renderfarms. Once your scene is setup you no longer need the "Cube Map" option enabled nor this addon.
If you need to (re-)render only some of the cube-map views you can turn
Advanced option and select the views to render.
Advanced is disabled all the views are rendered.
What is happening under the hood?
The addon automatize the following tasks:
- Create 6 linked scenes (
- Create a nodetree with a
Render Layernode per scene, all connected to a
- Create a unique camera for each new scene, with a field of view of 90 degrees, and facing a different direction
- Render your frame/animation
- Delete everything created by the Addon
Since this was originally designed to generated VR Cube Maps (with the Spherical Stereo Blender branch), the cube map is always upward.
In other words, the Z rotation of the camera is taken into consideration, but the
SOUTH faces are all upward oriented.
Besides that, the composite nodes are not taken into consideration at the moment.