Dialogflow FAQ Sample
Knowledge connectors allow you to connect FAQ and knowledge-base-style articles to Dialogflow without creating any intents or manual configuration. Dialogflow parses the documents and determines if a user's query would be satisfied by information in the document, and if it is, the information from the document is relayed back to the user.
This sample is meant to be a starting point for developers looking to create an action that is also accessible by phone as well as developers looking to connect FAQ or knowledge base data to a Dialogflow agent.
To create this agent from our template:
- From the left column, go to the Knowledge tab > Create Knowledge base.
- Name the knowledge base
- Name the knowledge base
- To create a knowledge document: Create the first one and add:
Conference FAQfor the Document Name,
text/csvfor the Mime Type,
FAQfor the Knowledge type
- Under Data source select
File on Cloud Storageand enter
- On the same page, go to the Responses section > Add response > Set the default response to
$Knowledge.Answer. Have any other questions?> Save.
- Under Responses, next to the Default tab > add Google Assistant and Simple Response with the value
$Knowledge.Answer. Do you have any more questions about Cloud Next?> Save.
- Try it out! In the Dialogflow simulator, enter
What time does the conference start and end?.
- You will see a response directly from the CSV: "The first keynote starts at 9 AM on Tuesday and programming ends at 2:30 PM on Thursday. We highly recommend picking up your badge on Monday (anytime between 7 AM and 8 PM) or early on Tuesday to avoid lines."
- Go to the Integrations tab > Dialogflow Phone Gateway > Next > Create
- Call the phone number displayed and talk to your agent!
- Note: Calling the gateway from a device using Project Fi, Google Voice, or Google Hangouts is not currently supported.
- Go to the Integrations tab in the left column > Google Assistant > Test > Continue in order to open the Actions on Google console.
- In the Actions on Google simulator >
Talk to my test appand press enter.
- Continue the conversation with your Dialogflow agent through the Google Assistant!
- You can also speak with you agent on any Google Assistant enabled device logged into the same Google account like Google Home speakers, smart displays, and mobile phones.
Please read and follow the steps in the CONTRIBUTING.md.
Your use of this sample is subject to, and by using or downloading the sample files you agree to comply with, the Google APIs Terms of Service.