simple, fast and open-ecosystem infrastructure automation with strong Infrastructure as Code (IaC) design.
Digital Rebar (aka DRP) is a RackN licensed-core platform with an open ecosystem suite of both licensed and open APLv2 components. The fourth generation platform provides a simple yet complete API-driven DHCP/PXE/TFTP provisioning and workflow system.
Digital Rebar Platform and Ecosystem are designed together to be a complete data center provisioning, content scaffolding and infrastructure workflow platform with a cloud native architecture that completely replaces Cobbler, Foreman, MaaS, Ironic or similar technologies. DRP offers a single golang binary (less than 30MB) with no dependencies capable of installation on a laptop, RPi or switch supporting both bare metal and virtualized infrastructure.
- Platform Capabilities:
- API-driven infrastructure-as-code automation
- Multi-boot workflows using composable and reusable building blocks
- Event driven actions via Websockets API
- Extensible Plug-in Model for public, vendor and internal enhancements
- Dynamic Workflow Contexts (allows using APIs when agents cannot be run)
- Distributed Multi-Site Management
- Integrated Secure Boot, SSO and Highly Available options.
- Supports ALL orchestration tools including Chef, Puppet, Ansible, SaltStack, Bosh, Terraform, etc
- Open Ecosystem Plugins:
- RAID, IPMI, Redfish, and BIOS Configuration
- Cloud-like pooling capabilities
- Classification engine for automated workflow
- Chat/messaging via the Digital Rebar
#communitychannel is our preferred communication method. If you do not have a Slack invite to our channel, you can Request a Slack Invite
- Issues and Features
- Full Documentation (Github /doc sources are updatable via pull request).
- Videos on the DR Provision Playlist provide both specific and general background information.
Install & Quick Start
We HIGHLY recommend using the
latest version of the documentation, as it contains the most up to date information. Use the version selector in the lower right corner of your browser.
Our Quick Start has fast play-with-it steps. Don't worry, they are very simple and take 10 to 20 minutes. You can choose from stable or tip. Tip is the very bleeding edge of development.
Components & Extensions
Digital Rebar Provision is composable by design. Much of our advanced funtionality is exposed in :ref:`rs_content_packages` that are added into the system as content and plugins which have documentation embedded in the extension.
Table of Contents
Reading on Github? Visit Generated Docs for a generated ToC.
.. toctree:: :includehidden: :numbered: :maxdepth: 1 doc/quickstart doc/install doc/upgrade doc/environment doc/features doc/server doc/configuring doc/release doc/workflows doc/deployment doc/operation doc/high-availability doc/integrations doc/os-support doc/ux/portalux doc/Swagger doc/cli doc/api doc/dev/dev-contributing doc/faq-troubleshooting doc/knowledge-base doc/arch doc/content-packages doc/rackn/license Trademark doc/fun-facts
DigitalRebar Provision code is available from multiple authors under the Apache 2 license.
Digital Rebar Provision documentation is available from multiple authors under the Creative Commons license with Attribution.
Work licensed under a Creative Commons license is governed by applicable copyright law. This allows Creative Commons licenses to be applied to all work falling under copyright, including: books, plays, movies, music, articles, photographs, blogs, and websites. Creative Commons does not recommend the use of Creative Commons licenses for software. However, application of a Creative Commons license may not modify the rights allowed by fair use or fair dealing or exert restrictions which violate copyright exceptions. Furthermore, Creative Commons licenses are non-exclusive and non-revocable. Any work or copies of the work obtained under a Creative Commons license may continue to be used under that license. In the case of works protected by multiple Creative Common licenses, the user may choose either.