Digital Rebar Provision
simple, fast and open API-driven server provisioning.
DRP is designed to be a complete data center provisioning, content scaffolding and infrastructure workflow platform with a cloud native architecture that completely replaces Cobblerm Foreman, MaaS or similar technologies. DRP offers a single golang binary (less than 30MB) with no dependencies capable of installation on a laptop, RPi or switch supporting both bare metal and virtualized infrastructure.
- API-driven infrastructure-as-code automation
- Multi-boot workflows using composable and reusable building blocks
- Event driven actions via Websockets API
- Extensible Plug-in Model for public, vendor and internal enhancements
- Supports ALL orchestration tools including Chef, Puppet, Ansible, SaltStack, Bosh, Terraform, etc
- RAID, IPMI, and BIOS Configuration (via commercial plugins)
- Mailing List
- Chat/messaging via the Digital Rebar
#communitychannel is our preferred communication method. If you do not have a Slack invite to our channel, you can Request a Slack Invite
- Alternate chat vi Gitter Live Chat (Gitter.im) and IRC on Freenode #DigitalRebar
- Issues and Features
- Full Documentation (Github /doc sources are updatable via pull request).
- Videos on the DR Provision Playlist provide both specific and general background information.
Install & Quick Start
We HIGHLY recommend using the
latest version of the documentation, as it contains the most up to date information. Use the version selector in the lower right corner of your browser.
Our Stable Quick Start has fast play-with-it steps. Don't worry, they are very simple and take 10 to 20 minutes.
Want the Latest Quick Start? You'll have access to the newest features in tested work for the next release. This is NOT the bleeding edge!
Table of Contents
Reading on Github? Visit Generated Docs for a generated ToC.
.. toctree:: :includehidden: :numbered: :maxdepth: 1 doc/quickstart doc/install doc/features doc/server doc/configuring doc/release doc/upgrade doc/workflows doc/deployment doc/operation doc/os-support doc/os-support/linuxkit doc/ui doc/ux/portalux doc/Swagger doc/cli doc/api doc/dev/dev-server doc/dev/dev-cli doc/dev/dev-docs doc/faq-troubleshooting doc/arch doc/integrations doc/content-packages CONTRIBUTING Trademark LICENSE
DigitalRebar Provision code is available is available from multiple authors under the Apache 2 license.
Digital Rebar Provision Documentation is available from multiple authors under the Creative Commons license with Attribution.
Work licensed under a Creative Commons license is governed by applicable copyright law. This allows Creative Commons licenses to be applied to all work falling under copyright, including: books, plays, movies, music, articles, photographs, blogs, and websites. Creative Commons does not recommend the use of Creative Commons licenses for software. However, application of a Creative Commons license may not modify the rights allowed by fair use or fair dealing or exert restrictions which violate copyright exceptions. Furthermore, Creative Commons licenses are non-exclusive and non-revocable. Any work or copies of the work obtained under a Creative Commons license may continue to be used under that license. In the case of works protected by multiple Creative Common licenses, the user may choose either.