Islandora Collection Search
Islandora Collection Search is a Drupal module that allows for searching within a collection using Solr. It provides a more robust replacement for islandora_solr_search's 'Simple Search' block, and it automatically handles appropriate Solr re-indexes when records are moved between collections in Fedora.
This module requires the following modules/libraries:
- Install as usual, see this for further information.
- Ensure that your xslt used by gsearch will index the
ancestors_msfield. If you are using discoverygarden's basic-solr-config, make the following changes in your
- Find the section that looks like this, and make it look like this:
xmlns:dgi-e="xalan://ca.discoverygarden.gsearch_extensions" xmlns:sparql="http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/rf1/result" xmlns:xalan="http://xml.apache.org/xalan">
- Set up the 'Islandora Collection Search' block. It can replace the standard 'Islandora simple search' block.
Configuring the Module
The configuration page for the module can be found at
- The 'Ancestor field' is set to 'ancestors_ms' by default.
- Configure the 'GSearch Config' section with the proper credentials.
- The options in the 'Collections' section of that page provide ways to configure the UI, such as having a drop-down menu of certain collections that can be searched from anywhere on your site where the 'Collection Search' block is enabled.
Configuring the Block
The configuration page for the 'Islandora Collection Search' block can be found at
yoursite.com/admin/structure/block/manage/islandora_collection_search/islandora_collection_search/configure. The main configuration you might want to do is to define which pages display the block for which Roles and/or Users. That can be managed in the 'Visibility settings' section of this block's configuration page.
This module provides a block that works like the 'Simple Search' block, but it can narrow the search to objects within a given collection. However, it also has the option to search all collections, which would result in functionality identical to the 'Simple Search' block.
Having problems or solved a problem? Contact discoverygarden.