Join GitHub today
DCD's regression tests are located in the "tests" folder.
Running the tests is performed by the "run_tests.sh" script. This script does the following things:
- Shuts down any instance of dcd-server that's already running.
- Starts up dcd-server with a command-line argument telling it to ignore the user's configuration and another argument telling the server to look for imports in the "tests/imports" folder.
- For each folder in "tests", changes to the folder and runs the "run.sh" script in that folder.
- Shuts down the server.
- Totals the number of passing and failed test cases.
Test cases consist of a folder with the following contents:
- One or or more D files that will be used to test DCD's behavior.
- One or more expected output files.
- A "run.sh" script that runs dcd-client and compares its output to the expected output.