A free open source responsive skin\theme for Dnn (DotNetNuke) using Bootstrap3.
A demo of the theme/skin can be viewed by visiting http://www.dnnbootster.com
Warning : Install on Dnn 08.00.00
There is a small bug in this version of Dnn that will stop the menu showing. To solve this is quite easy to do by following theses steps below:
Go to '/Portals/' folder of your Dnn install In this folder you will find a file called 'web.config' Open this file and search for the following 3 lines of html
<host factoryType="System.Web.Mvc.MvcWebRazorHostFactory, System.Web.Mvc"/>
Change the lines above to this:
<!--<host factoryType="System.Web.Mvc.MvcWebRazorHostFactory, System.Web.Mvc"/>-->
Save the file and the menu's should display correctly.
Theme Requirements & installation
Install the skin as you would with any other Dnn extension by going to the Host > Extensions page (you should not install via Admin/Extensions). The Dnn Bootster them was created for Dnn8 and upwards.
To install follow the steps below:
- Download and un-block the zip file from here.
- Go to Host –> Extensions –> Install Extension wizard to install the Bootster skin pack.
- After the installation has been completed, navigate to Admin –> Site Settings –> Basic Settings (tab) –> Appearance (section) and specify portal and edit skins and containers.
- default - All themes are pre-configured to use the default menu option, which has drop down menus items where the parent node of a dropdown is NOT clickable.
- ClickableParent - Exactly the same as the default menu, with the exception that it allows the parent node of a dropdown to also be clickable.
Change the menu option on line 16 of the menu.ascx file (DNNBootster/includes/menu.ascx).
<dnn:menu id="NAV" runat="server" menustyle="nav/default"/>
<dnn:menu id="NAV" runat="server" menustyle="nav/ClickableParent"/>
To change the color theme of the skin is easy to do... Open the skin.ascx and Home.ascx files found in the root of the skin folder 'Bootster'. At the top of the file look for a line with the ID of 'DnnCssThemeInclude' like below:
<!-- Theme Css File --><dnn:DnnCssInclude ID="DnnCssThemeInclude" runat="server" FilePath="assets/css/themes/grey.css" PathNameAlias="SkinPath" /><!-- Theme Css File -->