This is my provisioner for the Fedora 26 Gnome3 / Wayland generic desktop. Feel free to use it, modify, contribute etc. Always interested in your comments - write me!
This repository has submodule dependency. All Ansible roles are placed in roles directory which is a git submodule.
- Clone this repo
- Edit group_vars/all.yml
- Install prerequisites on destination box:
dnf -y install ansible sudo python-dnf libselinux-python
- Create entry for your user in /etc/sudoers.d/user
- Enter proper ansible_ssh_host and ansible_ssh_user in hosts file
- Make sure it works:
ansible -m ping <your_host>
Of course you may install just a specified part of the whole installation by using tags. List available tags with:
$ ansible-playbook master.yml --list-tags
And install specified part with:
$ ansible-playbook master.yml --tags dropbox,virtualbox
If you want to only update packages (like
dnf update -y simply run:
$ ansible-playbook master.yml --tags pkgs,update --skip-tags install
Contributing / committing changes
- In order to modify those roles a bit to match your needs simply fork and work on your forked repo
- If you feel like your change should be added to thise repo - create Pull Request (thanks btw!)
Managing multiple desktops
I use this repository in order to manage 5+ laptops. There are two methods to achieve this multi - desktop configuration:
- First is to keep every workstation configuration in different branch. This way every workstation has its own master.yml and hosts file. Downside is the need for keeping branches in sync (which is a basic merge so it's not a rocket science).
- Second is to keep every workstation provisioner in different playbook (e.g. in plays directory). In this scenario you keep all hosts configuration in one hosts file.
Maciej Lasyk @docent-net http://maciej.lasyk.info