Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Windows How To
This tutorial guides you to installing and setting up i2DX on Windows.
- Download the latest version of i2DX for Windows from the Downloads Page.
- Extract the files anywhere.
Create an Ad-Hoc Network
For best performance, you should create an Ad-Hoc wireless network.
- Go to Network Settings and set up a new connection or network.
- Then setup a wireless ad hoc network.
- Type in your network name. Name anything you want.
- The internet popup should say Waiting for users.
- On your device, join the created network.
Start i2DX Server
- Go to server directory, and double-click on server-windows-autopy.exe.
- If Windows Firewall pop up, Allow access.
Obtain Your IP Address
- Open the network status and click details, and look at the IP.
- If you create an ad hoc network, you have to wait a few minutes before your computer self-assign the IP. It should start with 169.254.
Set Up i2DX on Your Device
- Open Safari
- Navigate to http://[your IP address]:9876/
- You will see the settings screen. Set up and tap Launch i2DX.
- You should see the selected controller on the screen.
- Add to home screen. An application icon should appear on your home screen.
- Launch the application.
- Try pressing the buttons on i2DX. It should type something on Windows.
- Configure your games to the keymap.