TMDb Movie Trailer Website
This project generates a single page website in order to display movie trailers from any public list created on the website The Movie Database (AKA TMDb).
All this code is used for a project in Udacity's Full Stack Developer Nanodegree.
How to Run
- Install Python 3.6 on your machine
- Upgrade pip in order to install the requests module by running the command below or following this tutorial
$ python -m pip install -U pip
- Install the requests module by running the command below or following this tutorial
$ pip install requests
- Get an API key on TMDb (register on their website and follow this tutorial)
- Clone or download the source code of this repository
- Open a command line in the directory where all the files are located
- Run the following command:
$ python entertainment_center.py [api-key]
This will open your default web browser to the generated web page. By default, the program will use one of my own lists on TMDb.
Use Your Own Public TMDb List
$ python entertainment_center.py [api-key] --list-id [list-id]
To find the list ID of a TMDb list, look at the URL of your list. For example,
- This will only retrieve the first page of your TMDb list
Encountered any problems? Feel free to contact me!