Vision for GitHub Classroom
Phase 1: Build a strong, extensible ecosystem:
- Expand content platform with Assignments and teacher content contributions.
- LTI and Google Classroom integration.
- GitHub Classroom API.
Phase 2: Classroom allows teachers to assess student work with live feedback:
- First-class support for teacher feedback.
- Leverage existing tooling to auto-grade student submissions.
- LMS integration can provide a fully automated pipeline from submission to grades in teachers' LMS.
|Phase||Theme 1||Theme 2||Theme 3|
|Extensible ecosystem||“I want to integrate Classroom into my existing automated tooling.”||“I want less manual work when using Classroom with my LMS.”||“I want to find the best exercises for my course.”|
|Live feedback||"I want to be able to provide feedback to my students via GitHub.com."||"I want to run my testing suite on student submissions to grade automatically."|