The main goal of the library is to speed up the setup process for coding Kinect interactions by web developers.
1) Install Kinect For Windows(K4W) SDK:
2) Install Apache cordova
Needed to build a Windows 8 Html5 application container
npm install cordova -g
3) Install development environment : (npm, grunt, bower, sass)
Skip this step if you already have nodejs, grunt, bower and sass installed.
nodejs : http://nodejs.org
sass : http://sass-lang.com/install
npm install grunt-cli -g
bower : http://bower.io
npm install bower -g
4) Install project and samples dependencies
Install node_modules dependencies
Execute the next command in the root of the project
Event if the Kinect SDK only works on Microsoft Win8 platform you can program interaction on others platform because the EK-WinJS-Kinect library will emulate the events with the mouse on your browser.
Launch the samples in your browser
Launch a local server
grunt serve --livereload
Check the simple pointer demo
And move your mouse over the squares...
Ooooooh crazy ! It's a Kinect Interaction !
Let's plug the kinect !
Launch the samples in a Windows 8 application.
Because the Javascrip kinect SDK is linked with C++ library you need to install Visual Studio to build applications for Windows 8.
Install Visual Studio
Build the Cordova windows 8 application
Go to the ek-winjs-kinect/platforms/windows/ folder
Open CordovaApp.sln with Visual Studio.
Build the app by clicking on the "Local Machine" button.
Authorize the Camera and Microphone if needed
Click on the "00 - Getting Started" link to show the detection screen
- Target one player on a specific area
- Fallback the API with Mouse Event on a browser
- Automatically switch between right or left hand interaction
- Windows 8 store ready to package with cordova
- Draw the body joints to canvas for debugging
- Manage drag and drop easily with new EKjs.DragController(body,document.body,0.1,0.5);
- Add possibility to listen to a jquery target
- Add simple gestures like swipe, zoom, smile, wink etc.
- Manage touch events
- Optimize right vs left hand interaction
- Target multiple player on different area
- Show the Kinect camera on screen
- Manage event bubbling on target listeners
- Test WindowsToGo vs Bootcamp on mac