RetroWar: 8-bit Party Battle is out now. Defeat up to 15 of your friends in a tournament of 80s-inspired retro mini games.
RetroWar-common is a Java library that extends LibGDX. It contains all the common functions that are shared between games developed for the RetroWar project. However it will be useful for non-RetroWar games, game jam games, etc . Most programmers seem to develop their own libraries of common code after doing several games, and this is mine!
Game class that integrates with RetroWar. If your game subclasses this, it will be compatible with RetroWar and able to be added to RetroWar as a mini-game.
A title screen and menu that can be used for any stand-alone game.
A Frame Buffer Object renderer that draws everything to an FBO before drawing the FBO to the screen.
- Allows you to set a virtual resolution for your game so no sub-pixels are rendered.
- Options for scaling and stretching, and automatically centers camera no matter display aspect ratio.
- Can change resolution on the fly to do SNES zoom effects.
- Can apply shaders for CRT effects.
Chiptune music players
Standardized input devices
- Players can join game at any time.
- Supports keyboard, keyboard+mouse, or controller transparently.
- PS4 and Xbox controllers mapped correctly on Windows, Mac, Linux.