Hardfork Meta: Byzantium
Number: ella-2018-0004 Title: Hardfork Meta: Byzantium Author: "ellaismer" <firstname.lastname@example.org> Status: Planned Type: Standards Track Layer: Meta Discussion: https://github.com/ellaism/specs/issues/12 Created: 2018-04-30
Ellaism was created before Ethereum's Byzantium hard fork was finalized. This proposes to apply some of the Byzantium features onto Ellaism blockchain.
- Activation: Block >= 2,000,000 on Mainnet.
- Included specifications:
- EIP 100 (Change difficulty adjustment to target mean block time including uncles)
- EIP 140 (REVERT instruction in the Ethereum Virtual Machine)
- EIP 196 (Precompiled contracts for addition and scalar multiplication on the elliptic curve alt_bn128)
- EIP 197 (Precompiled contracts for optimal ate pairing check on the elliptic curve alt_bn128)
- EIP 198 (Precompiled contract for bigint modular exponentiation)
- EIP 211 (New opcodes: RETURNDATASIZE and RETURNDATACOPY)
- EIP 214 (New opcode STATICCALL)
- EIP 658 (Embedding transaction status code in receipts)