Participation in the Habitat community is governed by the code of conduct.
You can browse all available packages that you can leverage and use, including packages built and maintained by community members both inside and outside of this core origin, in Habitat Builder.
- CONTRIBUTING.md Contains most of the information about contributing to this portion of the Habitat project.
- MAINTAINERS.md Contains the current list of Core-Plans maintainers
- CODEOWNERS Contains Owner to Package mapping used in GitHub for AuthZ
- MEMBERSHIP.md Contains details of contributor roles in the Habitat community
Keep in mind that a core plan must by definition be abstracted to serve a wide array of users in service of their applications.
If you are building a plan that is tailor-made for your own unique application or specific use case, it is better suited to your own origin. If you think it would still be useful for a subset of other people, you can make it public in your own origin too. Community and external project owned origins are an awesome way to make, share, and use functionality that lives outside of and extends core plans.
The code for the core components of Habitat itself is in the habitat-sh/habitat GitHub repository.
See MAINTAINERS.md for a list of core plans maintainers.
Occasionally you might need to open an RFC. RFCs live in their own repository. To open one, write up a markdown file that follows the template and open a pull request.
Community and support
- Habitat Slack
- Community triage is every Tuesday at 10am Pacific. The link to participate is shared in the Habitat Slack channel, and videos are posted on the Habitat YouTube channel.
Copyright (c) 2016 Chef Software Inc. and/or applicable contributors
Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at
http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0 Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.