This repo contains the source code and documentation behind enmascript.com.
- Git (for version management).
- Node: any 8.x or greater (I also recommend using NVM to manage multiple versions).
- Yarn: a very powerfull package manager, check Yarn's website to learn how to install it.
- You'll need to fork the repo and clone it locally if you want to contribute.
- Go to the folder
yarn installto install all the dependencies needed.
gatsby developto start the development server (you may need
sudoif you're a linux user).
- The site will start in
Contributing to the site is very simple.
Work in your changes
git checkout master
git pull origin master
git checkout -b your-branch-name(use any descriptive name for your branch, not too long)
- Work in your changes.
Test your implementation
Once you have finished working on your changes, test the implementation by following the next steps:
gatsby buildto generate a productive version of the site.
gatsby serveand check your changes on
Create a Pull Request
If after testing everything looks good you can proceed to create a pull request:
- Commit your changes and push them to your branch.
- Create a pull request pointing to the master branch on the main repo.
- Add the labels related to your Pull Request.
That's it, I'll be checking your changes shortly and if everything goes well and the changes make sense, I'll merge your pull request.
If you get problems when building the project try the following:
rm -rf .cacheto remove the local cache.
rm -rf publicto delete the public folder (it's generated when building the site).