Conway's Game of Life
How to "play"
- Click and drag to lay down the "seed" cells.
- Press any key to start/stop the simulation.
Click here to play
The Game of Life is a simulation of cellular automotons, evolution of the simulation is determined by the initial "seed".
The rules that drive the simulation are as follows:
- Any live cell with fewer than two live neighbours dies, as if caused by under-population.
- Any live cell with two or three live neighbours lives on to the next generation.
- Any live cell with more than three live neighbours dies, as if by overcrowding.
- Any dead cell with exactly three live neighbours becomes a live cell, as if by reproduction.