A callback-based C++ wrapper for the Forecast IO API, using the C++11 standard. It is heavily modularised and object-oriented so that multiple listeners can easily be attached to different sections.
- Version: 2014-12-08
- Author: Todd Shore
- Website: https://github.com/errantlinguist/Forecast.io-CPP
- Licensing: Copyright © 2014 Todd Shore. Licensed for distribution under the Apache License 2.0: See the files
- Compiler: This was developed primarily using Clang 3.4.1 on an Ubuntu-derived Linux system; There was some minimal usage of GCC as well as MinGW under Windows 7, but I haven't tested these compilers on the newest version of the code.
- For the demo application,
cURL7.35 is also required
A makefile is included for building the included demo application
console-weather: Use the target
Debug to build an executable with debugging symbols and
Release to build one without. As stated above, this makefile was tested largely only on an Ubuntu-based system, so it may need to be changed to work on your system.
- Add callbacks for forecast data blocks
- Improve build process: E.g. use CMake instead of writing makefile manually
- Add console-writing functionalities for as-yet-unimplemented callbacks
- Make demo program support printing out SI measurements as well
- Make demo writer classes wrap data at terminal edge