Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
Geth v1.8.11 (Streamline) is our biweekly maintenance release, focusing mainly on performance. Overall this release is ~28% lighter on disk IO and ~23% faster on block processing:
- Reduce full-node database rate of growth by 28% (#16810).
- Speed up
ethashverification cache generation by 24% (#16857).
- Increase the Merkle trie hashing performance by 12-50% (#16896).
- Increase block processing and propagation speed by 15-25% (#16882).
- Reduce runtime complexity of retrieving pending transactions (#16958).
- Cap cache allowance to Go's GC limits and stabilize memory (#16800).
- Reduce database lookups for reverse header retrieval requests (#16946).
Not performance improvement, but nice nonetheless:
abigento support binding contracts from
- Extend bad block tracking and reporting to full blocks (#16902).
Beside the improvements, there are also a few bugs squashed:
- Fix invalid errors for balance retrievals of non-existing blocks (#16942).
- Enforce RPC timeouts to avoid stalling HTTP connections (#16880).
- Fix a goroutine leak in light clients for cancelled requests (#16861).
- Fix a goroutine leak in light clients for timed out requests (#16776).
- Fix an invalid header request handling in light servers (#16891).
- Fix light server tracking regression in light clients (#16947).
- Fix miner to handle side blocks more gracefully (#16751).
- Fix 4byte tracer to count external CALLs too (#16879).
- Fix shutdown hang on invalid genesis json (#16794).
For a full rundown of the changes please consult the Geth 1.8.11 release milestone.
Binaries and mobile libraries are available on our download page.