Politicians to Poop
A free extension for the Chrome browser that replaces the names of presidential candidates (US, 2016) with the pile-of-poo emoji (
Options allow you to "poopify" the names of Democrats, Republicans, or both. (Any major third-party candidates that emerge will also be added to the list.)
"This extension is improving my life." — Eunice R.
Step 1: Visit the Chrome web store, and click the "Add to Chrome" button.
Step 2: (Optional) Within Chrome, open Window > Extensions, and set your preferences for political parties.
Step 3: Carry on with your new, improved life.
Options dialog (Window > Extensions > Politicians to Poop > Options)
Google Search Results
Why are you doing this?
Politicians to Poop is a public service project from Evil Mad Scientist Laboratories.
Possible reasons that you might want to use this extension include:
- You are from outside the US, and don't need to hear these names every day.
- You are temporarily overloaded by the amount of poop that the candidates sling at one another.
- It's easier (but note: MUCH less effective) than voting.
- Because it is funny.
No judgement upon any of the named individuals, nor their platforms, parties, or beliefs is either implied or intended. This is an equal-opportunity text replacement tool, for the good of all humanity.
And... seriously... please vote!
List of named participants
The following individuals are currently identified as "major" political candidates, meeting the necessary criteria for inclusion in this list:
Republicans: Ted Cruz, Carly Fiorina, Ben Carson, Marco Rubio, Rick Santorum, Rand Paul, Rick Perry, Jeb Bush, Donald Trump, Chris Christie, Scott Walker, John Kasich and Jim Gilmore.
Democrats: Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders
Third-party and independent candidates: Roseanne Barr, Zoltan Istvan, Waka Flocka Flame, Vermin Supreme, Robert David Steele, Jill Stein, and Dan Bilzerian. (While none of these yet seem "major" to our untrained eyes, it is good to have some names here as placeholders for future use.)
If you use the version in the Chrome store, automatic updates will allow the list of names to be updated from time to time.
What about FireFox, Safari, Opera?
Sorry, not yet. Pull requests and/or pointers to versions for those browsers will be happily accepted. Or maybe we'll get around to it.
Text replacement does not reliably work in some circumstances:
- Text within images or other graphics
- When a name is interrupted by HTML tags or style changes, for example if the last name is in bold font, but the first name is not.
Text replacement may also work too well in some circumstances:
- Text may be inappropriately replaced in text input boxes, for example if you type one of the candidate names.
- The filter may be a little too aggressive in some cases. For example, "Carly" or "Hillary" on their own may match many other names besides those of the actual candidates. In the options, you may wish to keep the "Include short but common abbreviated name forms..." checkbox disabled, in order to reduce the number of false positives.
If you identify other circumstances where text replacement does not work reliably (or generates too many false positives), please submit an issue on our github project to let us know.
(For people who like to do things the hard way.)
In Chrome, choose Window > Extensions. Drag pol-to-poo.crx into the page that appears.
A project by Evil Mad Scientist Laboratories.
Initially Forked from: https://github.com/panicsteve/cloud-to-butt
Further inspired by: This year's crop of presidential candidates
Special thanks to our dedicated team of beta testers!