Version 4.7.1 & NXThemesInstaller 2.7.1
Version 4.7 & NXThemesInstaller 2.7
Firmware 15.x and 16.0.x are supported but as per changelog the patches are now downloaded automatically. Launch the installer while connected to the internet and it will seamlessly download the new patches.
If you do not want to connect your console to the internet download the new patches manually
- Support for firmware 14.0 and 14.1 #113
- The reboot button now uses spsm instead of bpc, this means the console will shut down properly #111
- Auto update for home menu patches, whenever a new firmware drops if it just needs a new IPS patch it will be downloaded automatically from github as soon as it's available.
- This means there won't be firmware specific releases anymore unless something major breaks
- If you don't want to connect your console to the internet you can download the new patches manually from github, there is a guide in the readme.
- If you want to get notifications for new updates as soon as they're available click watch on the theme-patches repo
Version 4.6.4 & NXThemesInstaller 2.6.4
- Support for firmware 13.1.0.
- Firmware 13.1.0 updated the home menu, it's recommended to uninstall the currently installed themes, extract the home menu (you should be automatically prompted to do so) and install them again from the original nxtheme files.
- Updated command line arguments for the theme injector
Edit: Firmware 13.2 is also supported.
Version 4.6.2 & NXThemesInstaller 2.6.2
- Support for firmware 12.1.0.
- Firmware 12.1.0 updated the home menu, it's recommended to uninstall the currently installed themes, extract the home menu (you should be automatically prompted to do so) and install them again from the original nxtheme files.
- New command line options to diff and extract szs files in the theme injector.
Edit: The theme injector zip has been updated to remove the dev version warning. No other change was made
Version 4.6.1 & NXThemesInstaller 2.6.1
- Support for atmosphere 0.19
- Atmosphere now ships without a contents folder and that causes the previous versions to enable compatibility mode and create a titles folder in the /atmosphere directory. If you used previous releases of the theme installer you can safely delete that folder.
- Support for the titles folder when running atmosphere has been dropped. If you happen to use ancient atmosphere versions (<= 0.10.0) please upgrade your cfw.
- Various fixes in json handling in the theme injector
About the home menu it wasn't update with firmware 12.0, you current themes and existing patches should work fine.
Version 4.6 & NXThemesInstaller 2.6
- Support for 11.0.x
- Old layouts will behave as expected and remove the new applet button
- When creating a new layout with the layout editor you will be able to choose if you want to keep the new nso button or not.
- Layouts made for 11.0 with previous versions of the tools may show up differently with this release due to the new patches, create the diff again using latest layout editor.
- More layout material properties supported in nxtheme
The layout editor has been updated as well
Version 4.5.2 & NXThemesInstaller 2.5.1 - No more useless updates edition
- 10.2.0 Support
- Home menu compatibility detection: you won't see an annoying warning every time there's a new firmware update but only when it's actually needed
- Theme packs downlaoded from themezer will be saved in a folder with the same name
- Fix crash in the theme injector when applying certain layouts
Version 4.5.1 & NXThemesInstaller 2.5
- Support for downloading themes from Themezer, a new custom themes sharing website.
- Theme downloading can support other hosts as long as they implement the API, more details have been added in the wiki
- Support for the currently china-only 10.1.1 firmware
- Fixed the random crashes when installing themes
- Updated all the built-in layouts
- Drag and drop support for selecting files in the theme injector
- Many changes under the hood to improve user experience:tm:
Version 4.5 & NXThemesInstaller 2.4
- 10.1.0 Support
- Removed support for the outdated theme shuffle sysmodule. It was known to cause issues, please stop using it.
- Improved home menu extraction speed, now it should take just a few seconds
- Fixed several crashes reported by users
- Preparations for something cool that's coming soon ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Some users reported random crashes while installing a theme, I have not been able to reproduce it.
I've opened an issue with more info anda workaround.
If you experienced this issue the provided workaround solves it please report it either there or on discord.