================================================================================ About Arduino Foosball
This project is a simple Arduino C code project that runs on Arduino Uno or Deumilanove board with attached Ethernet shield. The Leaderboard and video at https://portals.exosite.com/views/2219771501/1385257981 shows how the thing was put together. In general, it is a sumper simple system - just sending raw data up to the cloud where the data from the Avatars and goal sensors is parsed to create a web-enabled Foosball table - Internet of Things gaming!
License is BSD, Copyright 2013, Exosite LLC (see LICENSE file)
Tested with Arduino 1.0.1
================================================================================ Quick Start
- Download the Arduino toolchain and development environment
- Download the Exosite Arduino library
- Configure the toolchain to use the libary
- Open the Arduino toolchain
- Go to "Sketch->Show Sketch Folder", your Sketch folder will then be displayed.
- Create a directory named "libraries" if it does not exist.
- Copy the Exosite library folder to the directory sketchbook-location"libraries".
- You should then see "File->Examples->Exosite"
Open the "foosball.ino" file in the Arduino toolchain
Edit the "PUTYOURCIKHERE" value in foosball.ino to match your CIK value
- HINT: Obtain a CIK from https://portals.exosite.com by clicking +Add Device
- In Portals (https://portals.exosite.com), add DataSources to match the data
resources (aliases) the code is using.
- HINT: Goto https://portals.exosite.com/manage/data and click +Add Data Source
- HINT: Ensure the "Resource:" (alias) values are set to: game_state, player_a1,
player_a2, player_b1, player_b2, goals_a, goals_b - to match the code
- HINT: Add additional scripts or post-processed data elements to make the incoming data meaninful!
In the Arduino software, compile and verify there are no errors
Go to Tools->Serial Port and select the serial port your Arduino is connected to
Go to File->Upload to I/O Board to upload the program
After "Done uploading" is displayed, go to https://portals.exosite.com to see your data in the cloud!
- HINT: Your Arduino must be connected to the Internet via the RJ-45 ethernet jack
For more information on this project and other examples, checkout our Exosite
Garage github page at http://exosite-garage.github.com
================================================================================ Release Info
--) first release
--) seems to work great - been in operation for about 3 months