About Arduino Foosball
This project is a simple Arduino C code project that runs on Arduino Uno or Deumilanove board with attached Ethernet shield. The Leaderboard and video at https://portals.exosite.com/views/2219771501/1385257981 shows how the thing was put together. In general, it is a sumper simple system - just sending raw data up to the cloud where the data from the Avatars and goal sensors is parsed to create a web-enabled Foosball table - Internet of Things gaming!
License is BSD, Copyright 2013, Exosite LLC (see LICENSE file)
Tested with Arduino 1.0.1
1) Download the Arduino toolchain and development environment
2) Download the Exosite Arduino library
3) Configure the toolchain to use the libary
- Open the Arduino toolchain
- Go to "Sketch->Show Sketch Folder", your Sketch folder will then be displayed.
- Create a directory named "libraries" if it does not exist.
- Copy the Exosite library folder to the directory sketchbook-location\"libraries".
- You should then see "File->Examples->Exosite"
2) Open the "foosball.ino" file in the Arduino toolchain
3) Edit the "PUTYOURCIKHERE" value in foosball.ino to match your CIK value
- HINT: Obtain a CIK from https://portals.exosite.com by clicking +Add Device
4) In Portals (https://portals.exosite.com), add DataSources to match the data
resources (aliases) the code is using.
- HINT: Goto https://portals.exosite.com/manage/data and click +Add Data Source
- HINT: Ensure the "Resource:" (alias) values are set to: game_state, player_a1,
player_a2, player_b1, player_b2, goals_a, goals_b - to match the code
- HINT: Add additional scripts or post-processed data elements to make the incoming data meaninful!
6) In the Arduino software, compile and verify there are no errors
7) Go to Tools->Serial Port and select the serial port your Arduino is connected to
8) Go to File->Upload to I/O Board to upload the program
9) After "Done uploading" is displayed, go to https://portals.exosite.com to see
your data in the cloud!
- HINT: Your Arduino must be connected to the Internet via the RJ-45 ethernet jack
For more information on this project and other examples, checkout our Exosite
Garage github page at http://exosite-garage.github.com
--) first release
--) seems to work great - been in operation for about 3 months