This is an Another World VM implementation. Based on Gregory Montoir's original work, the codebase has been cleaned up with legibility and readability in mind.
raw is a re-implementation of the engine used in the game Another World. This game, released under the name Out Of This World in non-European countries, was written by Eric Chahi at the beginning of the '90s. More information can be found here : http://www.mobygames.com/game/sheet/p,2/gameId,564/.
English PC DOS version is supported ("Out of this World").
cmake . make
You will need the original files, here is the required list :
To start the game, you can either :
- put the game's datafiles in the same directory as the executable
- use the --datapath command line option to specify the datafiles directory
Here are the various in game hotkeys :
- Arrow Keys allow you to move Lester
- Enter/Space allow you run/shoot with your gun
- C allow to enter a code to jump at a specific level
- P pause the game
- Alt X exit the game
- Ctrl S save game state
- Ctrl L load game state
- Ctrl + and - change game state slot
- Ctrl F toggle fast mode
- TAB change window scale factor
Eric Chahi, obviously, for making this great game.