NPFchan - A lightweight and full featured PHP imageboard.
This is the a fork of vichan running on mlpol.net, a free light-weight, fast, highly configurable and user-friendly imageboard software package. It is written in PHP and has few dependencies.
We try to make sure NPFchan is compatible with all major web servers and
operating systems. NPFchan does not include an Apache
.htaccess file nor does
it need one.
- MySQL >= 5.7
- ImageMagick (command-line ImageMagick or GraphicsMagick preferred).
- APC (Alternative PHP Cache), XCache or Memcached
You can contribute to NPFchan by:
- Developing patches/improvements/translations and using GitHub to submit pull requests
- Providing feedback and suggestions
- Writing/editing documentation
See the Installation Guide
Please remember to change the administrator account password.
See also: Configuration Basics.
To upgrade from any version of Tinyboard or vichan or NFPchan:
git pull to update your files if you use git, or replace all
your files in place (don't remove boards etc.) and then run
To migrate from a Kusaba X board, use http://github.com/vichan-devel/Tinyboard-Migration
As it stands NPFchan has no public support system.
vichan is still beta software -- there are bound to be bugs. If you find a bug, please report it.
If you need assistance with installing, configuring, or using vichan, you may find support from a variety of sources:
- If you're unsure about how to enable or configure certain features, make
sure you have read the comments in
- Check out an official vichan board.
- You can join vichan's IRC channel for support irc.6irc.net #vichan-devel
vichan is based on a Tinyboard, so both engines have very much in common. These links may be helpful for you as well:
- Tinyboard documentation can be found here.
There are a few command line interface tools, based on Tinyboard-Tools. These need
to be launched from a Unix shell account (SSH, or something). They are located in a
You actually don't need these tools for your imageboard functioning, they are aimed at the power users. You won't be able to run these from shared hosting accounts (i.e. all free web servers).
NPFchan makes use of wPaint for oekaki.
To enable oekaki, add all the scripts listed in
js/wpaint.js to your
inc/lib/webm/README.md for information about enabling webm.
NPFchan provides by default a 4chan-compatible JSON API. For documentation on this, see: https://github.com/vichan-devel/vichan-API/ .