Rossie is a project that will allow you to run code snippets in a secure sandbox with very low trust level and get a result back.
The system uses the latest version of Roslyn from Microsoft ( http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=27746 ).
This is an example of how Rossie works:
- Start the Rossie Engine Service
- Connect to it with the Demo application
- Run the following code snippet: return BitConverter.ToString(System.Text.Encoding.Default.GetBytes("me@home"));
- See the following result: "6D-65-40-68-6F-6D-65"
This is not a standard REPL and Rossie does not keep any state.
You can read this (http://blog.filipekberg.se/2011/12/08/hosted-execution-of-smaller-code-snippets-with-roslyn/) blog post about how I created this.
- Add comments
- Break out minor parts of the compilation,execution and validation step.
All included software is licensed under the MIT License available in full in the LICENSE file.