This plugin adds categories and tags to the WordPress media library - lightweight and developer-friendly.
- Adds categories and tags to the Media Library (independent from the regular post categories and tags)
- Inserts filter dropdowns for attachment taxonomies into the media toolbar and media modal
- Allows to pick taxonomy terms for attachments from within the Attachment Selection & Edit modals
- Adds a setting for the default attachment category
- Enhances the
[gallery]shortcode so that images of a specific attachment taxonomy can be included automatically
- Lightweight plugin following WordPress Core principles
- "Decisions, not Options"
- Can easily be used as a must-use plugin
- Provides a flexible API to add other attachment taxonomies or disable the existing ones for developers
- Provides an easy-to-use
has_defaultargument that can be used when registering an attachment taxonomy in order to automatically add a setting for the default taxonomy term
Installation and usage
You can download the latest version from the WordPress plugin repository.
Please see the plugin repository instructions for detailed information on installation and usage.
If you have ideas to improve the plugin or to solve a bug, feel free to raise an issue or submit a pull request right here on GitHub. Please refer to the contributing guidelines to learn more and get started.
You can also contribute to the plugin by translating it. Simply visit translate.wordpress.org to get started.