Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Welcome to the github wiki for the Filtered Alert Hub initiative.
Many countries worldwide are now using the Common Alerting Protocol (CAP) standard for emergency alerting. There are already dozens of national CAP alert news feeds, and thousands of other CAP alert sources, together issuing perhaps hundreds of alerts per second. Out of this rich trove of emergency alerting, the Filtered Alert Hub technology allows selection of just those emergency alerts needed for a particular purpose. For example, the Filtered Alert Hub prototype already selects official, public, high-priority alerts in a specific language for each country or each of 1870 specific cities. With this technology, more lives will be saved and property protected as emergency alerting in societies worldwide becomes more precise, more available, more reliable, completely secure, and as fast as it can be.
- Filtered Alert Hub Design Document
- Filtered Alert Hub Opportunity (part of the NOAA Big Data Project)
- Filtered Alert Hub Flyer (single sheet)
- Filtered Alert Hub: Technology and Opportunity (presentation)
- NOAA Big Data Project
- Cooperative Research and Development Agreement of the NOAA Big Data Project
- References for the CAP Standard and Status of Implementations