What is this?
If you are looking for a maintained version of the original Casper theme, this is it. I started to use it when Ghost was at version v0.4. The Ghost foundation stop to maintain it at v1.4.
This theme is a free and responsive theme (template if you prefer) made for Ghost. This theme is compatible with Ghost
>= 2.0.0. You can check this information in the file
What is Ghost? — Ghost is an open source software that lets you create a website and manage content like a blog. See our FAQ section for more details.
Live demo — This theme is available on play-with-ghost.
play-with-ghost.com is a playground to learn about Ghost. What's remarkable here, is that you have the option to log in into the admin panel of each live demo available, by using dummy credentials.
In short, you can try Ghost on the spot without having to sign-up!
Bonus — The live demo sites feature a post named Style guide. It gives you the big picture of how this theme renders elements like titles, quotes, paragraphs, button tables, etc.
Why fork this Ghost Theme?
- Drop-in replacement — No special tweaks to do. It will work out of the box.
- Enhancements — This theme has been enhanced to feature some elements that are not present in the original theme. IMHO, these elements are hard to live without.
- Buttons (three styles)
- Icons (Font Awesome)
- Code Syntax (highlight.js)
- Tables (Grid) (great to make pricing table)
- Code Injection — We share snippets that improve the look of this theme via this Git repo. It’s an easy way to customize this theme. This allows you to override pretty much any styles you want to change.
- Curated — This theme was carefully selected out of hundreds of Ghost themes. See more of them in our Ghost-Theme-Curated-Collection repo, or by tags on Github.
At FirePress we host Ghost’s websites with an optional landing page. It's fully managed for you. It means you never have to touch a server, do an upgrade, manage backups or any annoying stuff like this.
The idea behind FirePress is to empower freelancers and small organizations to be able to build an outstanding mobile-first website.
Participants will end up with a website and/or a blog they can smoothly operate themselves. We are actively working on this workshop.
The workshops will be available in those cities:
- Montréal - Canada
- Toronto - Canada
- Québec City - Canada
- New-York - USA
- Boston - USA
Follow the details on this page.
The power of communities pull request and forks means that
1 + 1 = 3. You can help to make this repo a better one! Here is how:
- Fork it
- Create your feature branch:
git checkout -b my-new-feature
- Commit your changes:
git commit -am 'Add some feature'
- Push to the branch:
git push origin my-new-feature
- Submit a pull request
- This git repo is under the GNU V3 license. Find it here. There are "plain English" explanations for this license that are worth understanding. You'll see, it's pretty cool if you are into OSS (open source software).
- The Ghost’s software is under the MIT license. Find it here.
Sources & Fork
- This Git repo is available at https://github.com/firepress-org/FirePress_Klimax1
- This project was forked from https://github.com/TryGhost/Casper/tree/1.4
Why all this work?
Our mission is to empower freelancers and small organizations to build an outstanding mobile-first website.
Because we believe your website should speak up in your name, we consider our mission completed once your site has become your impresario.
— The FirePress Team