Flarumite Simple Discussion Views
This is a maintained fork of michaelbelgium/flarum-discussion-views, largely based on the now removed
v0.1.0-beta.8.3 tagged release.
One of the Flarum forums I manage, needed a lightweight discussion view tracker, with minimal settings and options. Turn it on and forget about it, so to speak.
- Tracks how many times a discussion has been viewed and displays it per discussion on the discussionlist. Note: does not track unique views, rather every view, both as guest and registered member
- Adds 2 sorting options: popular and unpopular
- Adds 1 event which developers can listen for:
DiscussionWasViewed- includes accessor IP and UserAgent strings
- Adds 1 new permission where people can (re)set the viewcount of a discussion (default to admins)
view_countcolumn created on the
discussionstable, so should not impact load performance
- Identify known crawlers with an option to not increase the view count for their visit. Uses jaybizzle/crawler-detect for identification
composer require flarumite/simple-discussion-views:"*"