You can find releases of rehyde-x here: rehyde-x releases
- Built-in colour themes
- Changes and enhancements from the original theme
- Questions, ideas, bugs, pull requests?
$ cd your_site_repo/ $ mkdir themes $ cd themes $ git clone https://github.com/forquare/rehyde-x
See the official Hugo themes documentation for more info.
This theme expects a relatively standard Hugo blog/personal site layout:
. └── content ├── post | ├── post1.md | └── post2.md ├── license.md // this is used in the sidebar footer link └── other_page.md
hugo --theme=rehyde-x to generate your site!
An example of what your site's
config.toml could look like. All theme-specific parameters are under
[params] and standard Hugo parameters are used where possible.
baseurl = "http://example.com/" title = "Your site title" languageCode = "en-us" disqusShortname = "your_disqus_shortname" # Optional, enable Disqus integration MetaDataFormat = "toml" theme = "rehyde-x" paginate = 10 [author] name = "Your Name" [permalinks] # Optional. Change the permalink format for the 'post' content type. # The format shown here is the same one Jekyll/Octopress uses by default. post = "/blog/:year/:month/:day/:title/" [taxonomies] # Optional. Use if you want tags and lists. category = "categories" # # All parameters below here are optional and can be mixed and matched. # [params] # If false display full article contents in blog index. # Otherwise show description and 'read on' link to individual blog post page. # Default (if omitted) is true. truncate = true # Used when a given page doesn't set its own. defaultDescription = "Your default page description" defaultKeywords = "your,default,page,keywords" # Hide estimated reading time for posts. # Default (if omitted) is false. hideReadingTime = false # Changes sidebar background and link/accent colours. # See below for more colour options. # This also works: "theme-base-08 layout-reverse", or just "layout-reverse". colorTheme = "theme-base-08" # Select a syntax highight. # Check the static/css/highlight directory for options. highlight = "sunburst" # Optional additional custom CSS file URL, will override other styles. customCSS = "" # Toggle full width content fullWidth = false # Displays under the author name in the sidebar, keep it short. # You can use markdown here. tagline = "Your favourite quote or soundbite." # Text for the top menu link, which goes the root URL for the site. # Default (if omitted) is "Blog". home = "Blog" # Links will be generated for these taxonomies # Use to add links for categories, tags, etc. # Example: [ "categories", "tags" ] taxonomyItemsToLink = [ "categories" ] # Metadata used to drive integrations. googleAnalytics = "Your Google Analytics tracking code" gravatarHash = "MD5 hash of your Gravatar email address" # Sidebar social links, these must be full URLs. github = "" bitbucket = "" stackOverflow = "" linkedin = "" googleplus = "" facebook = "" twitter = "" youtube = "" email = "" # Other social-like sidebar links rss = false # switch to true to enable RSS icon link flattr = "" # populate with your flattr uid [params.social] iconSize = "2x" isSquaredIcon = false
Built-in colour themes
rehyde-x provides 8 built-in colour themes by default, with the option to define more in your own custom CSS.
- If you've added
theme = "rehyde-x"to your
config.toml, you don't need to keep using the
- Pages where you specify
menu = "main"in the front matter will be linked in the sidebar just below the
- Use the exact permalink format above to maintain old links if migrating from Jekyll/Octopress.
- Although all of the syntax highlight CSS files under the theme's
static/css/highlightare bundled with the site, only the one you choose will be included in the page and delivered to the browser.
- Change the favicon by providing your own as
static/favicon.pngin your site directory.
- Hugo makes it easy to override theme layout and behaviour, read about it here.
- Pagination is set to 10 items by default, change it by updating
paginate = 10in your
truncate = falsein the
[params]section of your
config.tomlto display full blog post contents in the index page, like the base Hyde theme did.
Changes and enhancements from the original theme
- Category labels and lists.
- Client-side syntax highlighting through highlight.js, sane fallback if disabled or no JS - infinitely more flexible than the standard Hugo highlighting.
- Disqus integration: comment counts listed under blog entry names in post list, comments displayed at the bottom of each post.
- Gravatar image in sidebar.
- Google Analytics integration.
- Sidebar link layout and footer format changes.
- Blog post list now contains only the post description, not the full contents.
- Paginated blog listing.
- FontAwesome social links.
- ...many other small layout tweaks!
Obviously largely a port of the awesome Hyde theme.
Questions, ideas, bugs, pull requests?
All feedback is welcome! Head over to the issue tracker.
Open sourced under the MIT license.