The focus of the 4.0 release is on improving REST support. Improvements include:
- JSON-encoded POST body support.
- Controllers have easy access to HTTP headers.
- Builder syntax for
- Support for user-supplied rendering functions.
- Integrated support for HTTP
- Per-resource error handling.
- Setting status text (in addition to status code) in HTTP responses.
- Wildcard HTTP method support.
In addition, DI/1 has had a number of enhancements, including the addition of a builder syntax for programmatically declaring beans.
For more detail, see the Change Log for FW/1 4.0.