Sandbox for Next-Generation XBMC-Remote
Time has come for a redesign. In a nutshell, these are the major changes:
- New UI. Make it beautiful on phones, tablets and anything in-between, using common Android design patterns.
- New backend. Use JSON-RPC instead of non-existent HTTPAPI, using the autogenerated library here.
- Faster experience. Use locally cached data for faster access and offline usage.
- More reliable. Make use of the libs out there. Image fetching and caching shouldn't be done by hand anymore.
- Easier setup. Use zeroconf where available and system-wide accounts for credential storage.
git clone https://github.com/freezy/android-xbmcremote-sandbox.git cd android-xbmcremote-sandbox git submodule init git submodule update
Build process is now Gradle-based, tested in Android Studio and IDEA 13. If you have problems building, let me know on the issue tracker.
Stuff working so far:
- XBMC host setup
- Separated data for multiple hosts
- Database sync of basic movie and album data
- Cover load
- Navigation drawer
- Setup tablet layouts
- Play with Chrome Cast
Some mockups can be found here.