Scaffold and serve html, specifically focused on bl.ocks. Go from idea to block from the comfort of your own text editor.
- one command,
blockup, scaffolds and serves a new block
- write ES6 and it gets compiled down to ES5
- write Stylus and it gets compiled to CSS (because you have a finite number of keystrokes)
- browser reloads on file change
- errors during compilation pop up in notification bar
- check for missing expected files with
- publish directly to gist with
That's it for now. It probably won't grow beyond this. But if you have an idea, I'd like to hear it!
Usage: blockup <command> Commands: new scaffold and serve a new block (default if directory is empty) serve serve current block (default if directory is not empty) check check if any expected files are missing publish publish this block as a gist via gistup Options: -h, --help Show help [boolean] --version Show version number [boolean]
great! but is there a way to upload to gist from the command line?
Yes! You can use the built-in command
blockup publish for most use cases. If you need something more configurable, you can also try using gistup directly.
npm install -g blockup
- https://github.com/1wheel/gist-snap: snapshot thumbnails for bl.ocks.org
- https://github.com/mbostock/gistup: create a gist from the command line