Makes it easier for you to donate Bitcoins to siteowners with firefox. If you like the addon, please consider donating to me: 1KHTs795SKBd2yBfdfpf4BxArEq5RGrNZo - http://btc.to/2y Addon at AMO: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/firecoin/
What it does
The plugin lets you discover bitcoin addresses provided by the site owner in the header section. When the toolbar button lights up, a bitcoin address has been provided and you can press the button to donate.
It also lets you select bitcoin addresses on pages, right-click on them and choose "Send Bitcoins". This makes it easy to send payments without opening the client.
In version 1.1, http://btc.to integration was added, meaning that you can use btc.to shortened addresses instead of normal long addresses.
How To Use
After install, make sure that the toolbarbutton is placed in a toolbar. Then, make sure you read this guide: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Running_Bitcoin#Bitcoin.conf_Configuration_File
- You need to make sure BitCoin is running as a server by putting these options to your bitcoin.conf file:
- server=1 rpcuser=*Desired username* rpcpassword=*Desired secure password*
Some things to note: The addon will not show any transaction fees, but these will be paid automatically by the JSON-RPC API. So if you send 0.01BTC to someone, be aware that it might cost 0.02BTC total.
There is an option on every transaction to pay 5% extra to me. This will only be paid if you check the checkbox (disabled by default) "Donate 5% to addon author?", never anything else.
You will have to authenticate to the JSON-RPC API once every browser session for security, but you will have the option to save the credentials with the firefox login manager.
For site owners or developers!
Bitcoinaddress detection works with meta tags in the header. They are named bitcoin, bitcoinmsg and bitcointhanks.
- To add your address to a page, add this to the <head> section of your HTML:
- <meta name="bitcoin" content="1KHTs795SKBd2yBfdfpf4BxArEq5RGrNZo" />
change your address accordingly
- You also have an option to leave a message to the donater, which is shown before donating:
- <meta name="bitcoinmsg" content="With your donation, I will be able to keep the site running longer!" />
- The last meta is bitcointhanks, which should hold an URL to a thanks page, like this:
- <meta name="bitcointhanks" content="http://pixomania.net" />
Only the first meta is required, the rest is optional
- 25 Jun, 2011: Added http://btc.to integration. Version 1.1
- 17 Jun, 2011: Version 1 released!
- 16 Jun, 2011: Almost done. Balance works. Transaction works. Need some final touches though. Currently runs on Testnet.
- 07 Jun, 2011: Started implementing JSON-RPC requests. Will need to make it wait for reply before using data.
- 02 Jun, 2011: Back with the settings button in the donation dialog. Added onchange on the amount scroller so the total and remaining is updated.
- 31 May, 2011: Made the donate dialog an actual dialog. Added possibility to add a message as a meta
- 29 May, 2011: Settings function done.
- 28 May, 2011: Started implementing save settings function
- 22 May, 2011: Donation dialog done. Settings dialog done.
- 21 May, 2011: Modal dialog mostly done.
- 20 May, 2011: Started adding the modal dialog
- 14 May, 2011: Changed the listener so that when a tab is loaded but hasn't focus, it would still work. Also added markers to the tabs and made so that the button updates when changing tabs.
- 13 May, 2011: Detects the meta bitcoin now and sets the button to active if it exists. Does not update the button on tab change yet.
- 12 May, 2011: Created structure and sample code to work from