Vigilante Framework (or VFrame for short) is a high level framework built to run with SFML to make 2D games with basic 3D rendering.
- Sprite Rendering with Frame-by-Frame animation
- Tiled (Texture Repeating) sprites, plus animation!
- Custom Text Rendering
- Full Rectangle and Circle collision with Collision Response
- 3D Graphics (Using Modern OpenGL)
- Game State and Substate Management
- Multipass Post Process Effects
The framework itself is found in the VFrame directory, the Example directory contains an example project which uses multiple substates to demonstrate the various features of the engine.
- SFML (Preferably 2.4.0 or Higher) and all the required external libraries needed to build projects with it.
- GLEW (If you want to use the 3D rendering capabilities, otherwise you need to define the VFRAME_NO_3D preprocessor to disable it)
- Chipmunk2D (If you want to use the 2D physics capabilities, otherwise you need to define the VFRAME_NO_PHYSICS preprocessor to disable it)
- (Linux Only) libncurses
Despite being marked as version 1.0, this framework still has room for improvement. Feel free to get in touch to suggest ways to improve functionality or features to add.