Thank you for visiting my tool! This is module-based expression editor. We can write vex/python code by drag & drop....plus a little bit of editing. If you use one function over and over again, save it as a module, and you can grab it whenever you want from the list view!
- Syntax highlighting! (Partially...)
- Clear button for filtering.
- reconstruct some part.
- You can double-click something on a list and edit a code or name.
- Bit better layout.
- If you press tab in the text area, cursor still keeps the position (It doesn't go away).
- Not completely, but even when you edit code on a parameter, text area on this tool is updated (You need to set focus to somewhere from the parameter).
Put this repository somewhere and add its path to both:
in houdini.env. (e.g. rename "kaToolsExpressionPicker-release" "kaToolsExpressionPicker", move it to "C:/Users/foo/Documents/houdini16.0" and then, on Windows: HOUDINI_PATH="C:/Users/foo/Documents/houdini16.0/kaToolsExpressionPicker;" HOUDINI_PYTHON_PANEL_PATH="C:/Users/foo/Documents/houdini16.0/kaToolsExpressionPicker;")
Once you donwload it, I reccomend moving "expression.xml" to parent folder.
** On Windows, if that file path is below: ** ** "C:/Users/foo/Documents/houdini16.0/kaToolsExpressionPicker/expression.xml", ** ** then move it parent like below: ** ** "C:/Users/foo/Documents/houdini16.0/expression.xml". ** ** This tool looks up original file path or above. (e.g. it looks up even : "C:/expression.xml") ** ** In this way, you don't lose expression-modules you have made when you update this tool. **
- Type whatever code you might re-use.
- Hit "Save".
- Type Category and name, and press OK.
- On the list, now you can see expressions you have saved.
- Drag and Drop a parameter (e.g. "snippet" parameter in "attribwrangle") 6.Drag and drop expressions from the list onto text area.
- You can edit code in the text area, Houdini shows result tight away. (Sorry, but no auto completion or syntax highlighting.)
- When you have a bunch of expressions, you can filter expressions and categories.
- If you want to sort expressions, hit "sort".
- If you want to delete a expression you have in the list, select it and hit "delete".
- Ctrl + Shift + "+": zoom in
- Ctrl + "-" : zoom out
- Drag and drop inside the list doesn't really work. It looks like you can re-arrange the order, but if you hit refresh, the list goes back to the previous order.
If you have any questions, feedbacks and/or ideas that may enhance usability of this tool, feel free to send a message to: firstname.lastname@example.org