The newest SGMiner-GM update is here!
We've got sysfs controls; we've got XMR bug fixes; we've got Zawawa's Gateless Gate integrated! That's right, miners - you've now got the fastest open-source Zcash miner out there. Enjoy!
- gpu-powertune needs to be removed from your configuration file if you're not using kernel 4.9 or later.
- gpu-powertune is not in percentage, but in wattage when using the AMDGPU driver. Also if your kernel is older than 4.9 you need to remove gpu-powertune from your config.
- It may be necessary to disable sysfs hardware management by enabling no-adl when using the AMDGPU driver.
- XMR algorithm switching is untested.
##Zcash Expected Performance:
- RX 470: 190 H/s
- R9 380 (with fglrx): 128 H/s
You can find the configurations here:
Kernel 4.9 or Later:
UPDATE: A sysfs hw-control fallback path has been introduced, for users whose temperatures were not being displayed, and other erroneous issues.
Whew. It's here!
Welcome to the latest update of SGMiner-GM - sgminer-5.5.4!
SGMiner-GM is a revitalization of the sgminer project, brought to you by Genesis Mining - the leading hash power provider.
- Thanks to Yann St. Arnaud, Zcash now has Stratum support!
- Zcash solo-mining is now supported.
- Integrated Marc Bevand's SilentArmy kernel.
- Ethereum code has been cleaned up.
- It's possible to switch between algorithms now, and different chains.
- Added XMR to SGMiner-GM.
- Temperature monitoring and fan control! Now, auto-fan will automatically adjust the fans to maintain a certain temperature.
- Fans will be raised to 100% on overheat.
- GPU RAM is allocated for 6 DAG changes, which should fix some reported problems.
- SGMiner-GM will crash if switching between XMR and Ethash.
- SilentArmy's kernel needs to be updated from Version 4 to Version 5.
- There is errenous whitespace throughout the code. This will need to be fixed to keep it consistent with SGMiner-GM's coding conventions (2 spaces, no tabs).
We’ve added XMR support to SGMiner-GM!
This is a pre-release version. Optimizations and bug fixes will be added in the next few weeks. Windows is not currently supported due to a bug.
R9 280X = 530 H/s
R9 380 = 475 H/s
RX 480 = 550 H/s
- Windows crashes when mining begins.
Developed with the assistance of Wolf0, sgminer-gm gives you the best of both worlds when it comes to Ethereum mining, including:
- Getwork and Stratum Support
- On GPU DAG Generation
- Temperature, Frequency and Fan Control
- Backup Pools
- Mining on Multiple Pools
- ncurses UI