Sample project to demonstrate Travis CI and Play 2 in action
You can easily use Travis CI to build your Web Applications based on Play 2.x Framework, with following steps:
- instruct the download and setup of the release(s) of Play you want to run with in a custom script called by
scriptdefinition in .travis.yml
For more general information about how to use Travis-CI, follow the guides on http://about.travis-ci.org/docs/
Just get it work in seconds...
- Enable Travis hook on your GitHub repository from your Travis CI profile
.travis.ymlfrom this sample project to your Play2 application, and update it to refer to required version(s) of Play 2.x, maybe start a database service for your tests,...
- Publish your changes to GitHub repository and enjoy continuous integration with Travis !
- Show the build status in your README.md:
Original README from Hello World sample
This is a very basic application that demonstrates Play 2.0 fundamentals:
- Writing controllers and actions.
- Routing and reverse routing.
- Linking to public assets.
- Using the template engine.
- Handling forms with validation.