Block Break VR
A multiplayer WebVR game where each side builds and defends their stronghold from the opposing team.
View Demo (Single-player only)
Aim the cursor and click to place a block, jump and shoot your way to victory! Build and defend your fort while trying to destroy the opposing teams shiny relic.
- Spacebar - Jump
- CTRL - Shoot
- Blocks can only be placed on / destroyed from the top and 2 of the facing sides.
- Sounds events do not sync over the network
- Network activity can be laggy when firing projectiles
- Current demo is single-player only
- Sync sound events over network
- Trigger local physics for animations in response to network events (e.g. block destruction)
- Provision multiplayer demo server
- Add scoring and rounds
- Add team colours
- Add new player model
- Test block placing using HTC Vive / Oculus controllers
- Add locomotion support for Google Cardboard / Mobile devices
- Add support for block placing using GearVR / Daydream controllers
- Sound effects: timgormly, onikage22, MusicLegends, Cyril Laurier
- Music: Stray Fibers
- Lead Programmer: Michael Andrew
- Programmers: Ben Sharp
- 3D Modelling: Manuel Hernandez
Also a special thanks to everyone from the A-Frame community who contributed components to this project!
- Run the following from the project root:
- After pulling from the repository whe a new package has been added, be sure to run
npm installor the
_build/index.js.mapwon't compile correctly. Check inside that file for errors.
Run the following to start the development server:
Open your browser to http://localhost:8080 to view the project.
Run the following to start the server in production mode so you can access the server via your IP address
npm run prod
Open your browser to http://YOUR_IP:8080 to view the project.
Updating GitHub Pages
Run the following to update GitHub pages with a static build based on the current local branch:
npm run ghpages