INFO8006 - Introduction to Artificial Intelligence
Lectures for INFO8006 - Introduction to Artificial Intelligence, ULiège, Fall 2018.
- Instructor: Gilles Louppe (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Teaching assistants: Antoine Wehenkel (email@example.com), Samy Aittahar (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- When: Fall 2018, Thursday 8:30AM.
- Classroom: I1/Amphi.Zoologie
- Outline [PDF]
- Lecture 1 (September 20): Foundations [PDF]
- Lecture 2 (October 4): Solving problems by searching [PDF]
- Lecture 3 (October 11): Constraint satisfaction problems [PDF]
- Lecture 4 (October 18): Games and adversarial search [PDF]
- Lecture 5 (October 25): Representing uncertain knowledge [PDF]
- Lecture 6 (November 8): Inference in Bayesian networks [PDF]
- Lecture 7 (November 15): Reasoning over time [PDF]
- Lecture 8 (November 22): Making decisions [PDF]
- Lecture 9 (November 29): Learning [PDF]
- Lecture 10 (December 6): Communication [PDF]
- Lecture 11 (December 13): Artificial General Intelligence and beyond [PDF]
- Session 1 (October 4): Python tutorial [PDF]
- Session 2 (October 11): Solving problems by searching [PDF]
- Session 3 (October 18): Constraint satisfaction problems [PDF]
- Session 4 (October 25): Games and adversarial search
- Session 5 (November 8): Representing uncertain knowledge
- Session 6 (November 15): Inference in bayesian networks
- Session 7 (November 22): Reasoning over time
- Session 8 (November 29): Making decisions
- Session 9 (November 29): Learning
Pacman programming project
- Pacman Part 1/3: Search agent. Due on October 26.
- Pacman Part 2/3: Minimax agent. Due on November 23.
- Pacman Part 3/3: MDP agent (deadline to be determined).
Further instructions can be found in the
Your task is to read and summarize a major scientific paper in the field of Artificial Intelligence.
Paper: "Mastering the game of Go with deep neural networks and tree search"
David Silver et al, 2016. [PDF]
You should produce a report that summarizes the problem that is tackled by the paper and explains why it is challenging or important. The report should outline the main contributions and results with respect to the problem that is addressed. It should also include a critical discussion of the advantages and shortcomings of the paper.
The reading assignment includes the main text (pages 1-6), as well as the methods section (pages 7-9).
- 2 pages
- Formatted using the LaTeX template
Your report should be submitted by December 14, 2018 at 23:59 on the submission platform. This is a hard deadline.
For those not familiar with LaTeX, you can easily write your report using Overleaf. For example by making a copy of the following project.