Ads API Client Libraries for Ruby
This project hosts the new Ads common framework for Ruby, as well as the Ruby client libraries for the various SOAP-based Ads APIs at Google.
The Ruby client libraries make it easier to write Ruby clients to programmatically access your accounts.
Want to stay up-to-date with our latest releases? Subscribe to the master RSS feed on GitHub.
Products currently supported
- Google AdWords API
- Google's DoubleClick For Publishers API
Client Library Feature
- Support for logging incoming and outgoing SOAP messages
- Support for logging request information
- Based on Savon backend
- Ruby 2.1 and 2.2 compatible
- OAuth2 and OAuth2 JWT built-in authentication
- Support for API calls to different environments (Production, Sandbox)
- Local validation for parameter number and type on API calls
- Ruby-like syntax, by converting all method names and properties to snake_case instead of lowerCamelCase
- Simplified development model by using arrays and hashes instead of solid objects
- (AdWords) Support for tracking API unit usage
- (AdWords) Full support for AdHoc reporting
Install your library of choice using Rubygems.
$ gem install google-adwords-api $ gem install google-dfp-api
Copy the sample config file (adwords_api.yml or dfp_api.yml) for your product to your home directory and fill out the required properties.
Setup your OAuth2 credentials.
The AdWords and DoubleClick for Publishers APIs use OAuth2 as the authentication mechanism. Follow the appropriate guide below based on your use case.
If you're accessing an API using your own credentials...
If you're accessing an API on behalf of clients...
See each language's individual README for more specific instructions from here
Submitting bug reports and/or feature requests
If you have issues directly related to the client library, use the issue tracker.
If you have issues pertaining to a specific product, use the product support forums:
Make sure to subscribe to our Google Plus page for API change announcements and other news.