Ads API Client Libraries for Ruby
This project hosts the new Ads common framework for Ruby, as well as the Ruby client libraries for the various SOAP-based Ads APIs at Google.
The Ruby client libraries make it easier to write Ruby clients to programmatically access your accounts.
New to the library? Take a look at the wiki for this project.
Want to stay up-to-date with our latest releases? Subscribe to the master RSS feed on GitHub.
Products currently supported
- Google AdWords API
- Google's DoubleClick For Publishers API
Client library features
- Support for logging incoming and outgoing SOAP messages
- Support for logging request information
- Based on Savon library
- Ruby 2.1 and 2.2 compatible
- OAuth2 and OAuth2 JWT built-in authentication
- Local validation for parameter number and type on API calls
- Ruby-like syntax, by converting all method names and properties to snake_case instead of lowerCamelCase
- Simplified development model by using arrays and hashes instead of solid objects
- (AdWords) Full support for reporting and BatchJobService uploads
Install your library of choice using RubyGems.
$ gem install google-adwords-api
$ gem install google-dfp-api
Note: If you're using a version of Ruby lower than 2.2.2, you will need to manually install a previous version of Rack, a dependency of our HTTP library. You can do this with:
$ gem install rack -v 1.6.4
Copy the sample config file (adwords_api.yml or dfp_api.yml) for your product to your home directory and fill out the required properties.
Setup your OAuth2 credentials.
The AdWords and DoubleClick for Publishers APIs use OAuth2 as the authentication mechanism. Follow the appropriate guide below based on your use case.
If you're accessing an API using your own credentials...
If you're accessing an API on behalf of clients...
See each product's individual README for more specific instructions:
Submitting bug reports and/or feature requests
If you have issues directly related to the client library, use the issue tracker.
If you have issues pertaining to a specific product, use the product support forums:
Make sure to subscribe to our Google Plus page for API change announcements and other news.
See CONTRIBUTING.md for details on how to contribute.
Note: if you have an ad blocker active, you might experience issues while submitting an issue or pull request. You can still contribute by disabling the ad blocker for this project URL.